Smith-Pletcher Post 779



Instructions to applicants for Sons of the American Legion membership  

1. Fill out an application for membership in the Sons of the American Legion.  Make sure that every space is filled in.   

2. You must produce a copy of the discharge papers (DD 214) or an active duty ID card or a copy of a Legion Membership card of the person that you are joining under (Father, Mother, or Grandparents).  If the person is still living, they must be a member of the American Legion. 

3. You must also fill out an application for Club Membership; this application must be sponsored by a first class member. 

4. Dues of $30.00 must accompany the application. 

5. Applications are voted on at the next regular meeting of the SAL’s.  This is normally the first Tuesday of the month.   

The two applications that you will need are displayed below.  You may print and use a copy of these.





Check list: 

Completed Application

Completed Club Card with sponsor signature

Discharge Papers

Membership Fee 

Questions??? Contact the webmaster: